Call us today to speak to an expert

0207 7 100 400

Mortgage for New Zealand Citizen Paid in NZ Dollar

Hi, my husband is a UK citizen and I'm a New Zealand Citizen, we would like to buy a freehold house in London around 300K, my annual income is NZ$70K. so can I get a mortgage?


Ask the Specialist response:


Many thanks for your enquiry.

We have clients who are New Zealand Citizens obtain mortgages previously. We'd need to find out a little bit about your current visa and its expiry date (if applicable). However, we do assist clients with a Spouse Visa, Tier 1 Visa, Tier 2 Visa, Ancestry Visa and Entrepreneur Visa.

We also have help clients previously who are paid in NZD. At today's current exchange rate of 0.50 NZD to GBP your equivalent income in GBP would be £35,000. This would give you a typical borrow capacity (subject to status and affordability) of between £150,000 and £175,000.

If your husband is working then we may also be able to use his income.

I would suggest you contact us on 020 77 100 400 to discuss your enquiry with an Adviser. We should be able to let you know if we can help within 10 to 15 minutes.

Capital Fortune

As featured

The Mail Online The Guardian
The Independent

Our customers have rated our service

Feefo logo

Awards from

Awards All
Awards All
Awards All
Awards All