Call us today to speak to an expert

0207 7 100 400

Can I Get a Mortgage Paid in Australian Dollars (AUD)?

Hi, just wanted to know how much of a deposit is required for a foreign income mortgage. Currently living in Australia but moving back to the UK permanently. My husband will continue to work in Australia with a AUD income. Can we buy new off the plan property?


Ask the Specialist response:

Thanks Gemma, typically for this scenario, with you husband outside of the UK, you would be looking at a deposit of 25% of the property value.

However, subject to your exact situation, credit profile, ages, incomes and length of time outside of the UK, this could be reduced to 10% of the property value.

I would recommend calling us on +44 20 77 100 400 and speaking to an adviser - or leave an enquiry and one of our advisors will call you back in Australia.

Capital Fortune