Call us today to speak to an expert

0207 7 100 400

We live in America and want to buy a house in UK. Can you help?

We live in America and want to buy a house in UK for when we return to live in a year or so.

We are looking for companies that will give us a mortgage.

We have a UK bank account where mortgage would be paid from.

Can you help?

Ask the Specialist response:

Thanks for your enquiry.

We do regularly assist clients overseas arrange a mortgage in the UK as long as they are British or have permanent rights to reside in the UK.

They are often planning to return to the UK in a number of years or months.

There are potentially a number of options for you based on your plans.

Firstly - if you wish to purchase the property now and let the property prior to returning to the UK then we may be able to assist. A minimum deposit of 15% would be required, subject to your circumstances. Typically, however clients would require a 30% deposit for this route.

Secondly - if you wish to purchase the property for your return in a year's time, a lot of our clients planning to do this, ask us to obtain pre-approval for them on a mortgage so they have some comfort that a lender will consider their situation and circumstances.

However, it maybe too soon to look at arranging pre-approval on a mortgage for you currently. Lenders would typically offer pre-approval for a mortgage that would be valid for up to 3 months after which you would need to seek re-approval.

If you just wish to obtain an indication on mortgage rate at this stage you can either check our expat mortgage rates or alternatively I'd recommend speaking to one of our Advisers on +44 203 216 2037 or send us an enquiry online and one of our Advisers will call you back.

David Rostron MEng(Hons) CeMAP CeRER
Business Manager