This privacy statement describes how Capital Fortune collects and uses the personal information you provide on our Web site: It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information on this Website
We collect the following personal information from you if you choose to send us an enquiry via our website:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
As is true of most Web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We use this information to
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Send you a newsletter
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at email@example.com.
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may provide your personal information to companies and agents that provide services to help us with our business activities such as call answering, fulfilment of non core services etc. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if Capital Fortune is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Our Web pages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
We use a third party to gather information about how you and others use our Web site. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our Site includes links to other Web sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Capital Fortune. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any Web site you visit.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If I become a customer, what data will you ask me for?
In order to fully understand your financial needs and be able to give good advice, we need to obtain information about you, your family, your personal circumstances, and your preferences.
Some of the information will be private and may be sensitive, such as details of your income and expenditure, health, debts and credit commitments, legal proceedings and adverse credit. Much of the information you provide will, as part of your application, be passed on to the company whose products you apply for.
Do I have to provide my personal data?
In order for us to be able to give you suitable advice, we need you to provide all the information we ask for as openly and honestly as possible. If you prefer not to disclose some information, please tell us that you prefer not to disclose it and we will assess whether this will alter or impede the work we are doing for you.
How will you use my data?
There are a number of reasons we need to process your personal data;
- The primary reason is to allow us to do the job you’ve asked us to do. Specifically, we will use your data to:
- Assess and provide advice to meet your needs and circumstances;
- Introduce you to a range of product and service providers in order to meet your requirements;
- Administer cases and assist processing of applications;
- Tell you about any changes to products and service we have arranged for you;
- Inform you about products and services we think may be suitable for you (unless you ask us not to send you this information).
- We may also process your information in order to meet our legal and regulatory requirements. These may include:
- Complying with the regulations set out by the Financial Conduct Authority and other regulators as required;
- Preventing financial crimes such as money laundering and fraud by passing your details to other relevant bodies such as the police and National Crime Agency where required.
- We may also process your personal data for our own legitimate interests. Typically, these would be limited to:
- Analysing our business for trends and research how we can improve our services to customers;
- Reviewing the work we have carried out for you to ensure we have met the regulations and quality standards;
- Ensuring we are able to exercise or defend legal challenges in the future.
How long we will store your data?
We will only keep your personal information as long as necessary. How long that is depends on the type of data and the nature of the work we have carried out. In most cases, your personal data will be stored for an indefinite period as we need to keep evidence that we have fulfilled our legal and regulatory requirements.
Can I see a copy of my personal data?
Yes. Please write to our Data Controller (details below) and we will provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you within one calendar month of receiving your request. Please note that we may need to verify your identity before providing the information.
What if my data is incorrect or incomplete?
You have the right to have your data corrected or completed by contacting our Data Controller in writing (details below). Please be aware that we need to maintain records of information as it was at the time of the advice or the transaction taking place.
Can I have my data erased?
If we have provided you with advice or processed a transaction on your behalf, we will not normally be able to erase your personal data. This is because we are obliged to maintain records of our advice and transactions to meet our regulatory requirements and in case we need to exercise or defend legal claims in future.
Who is your Data Controller?
Our Data Controller is:
Capital Fortune Ltd
Customer Service centre, 128 – 129 Cheapside, London, EC2V 6BT
Telephone: 0207 710 0400*
Our registration number on the Information Commissioner’s Office register is Z1171236
How can I get more information?
If you would like further details on how we use your personal information or if you have any data protection queries, please write to:
The Data Protection Officer, HL Partnership Limited, Pharos House, 67 High Street, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 1DN
Telephone: 01903 602664*
Facsimile: 01903 538852
*Telephone calls may be recorded and monitored for training and security purposes.
If you’d like to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal data…
…please write in the first instance to The Data Protection Officer at the above address.
If you are not satisfied with the Data Protection Officer’s response, you can make a complaint to:
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (national rate)
Email through their website at:https://ico.org.uk/concerns/